Thursday 31 December 2009

Hello!

I thought I should start off with a justification, of sorts, as to why I am blogging! Over the last few years it seems there has been a mild uprising of Atheists in response to the encroachment of religion into secular life. As an example, one of my foremost concerns is that children are not indoctrinated in our schools with religious falsehoods as opposed to scientific learning. This, combined with my approaching (dreaded) 30th birthday, has lead to my feeling a need to contribute, stand up and be counted, before it's too late.

I want to remain annonymous in part, as no doubt some personal clues will emerge throughout my posts. This is, if I'm honest, due to a fear of being judged for my opinions by mainly colleagues, a lot of whom have some religious conviction. I do not wish for my personal objectives to impact upon those of my working life as I fear I would rarely get any work done if this were to happen!

So I hope you enjoy my posts, and I hope to have some intelligent debate and conversation with you in the future.

GG

No comments:

Post a Comment